By Pastor Derl Keefer, Three Rivers, MI.
Here is a thought I had about being useful to God.
Usefulness to God is an important element in the life of a Christian. Usefulness binds us together as brothers and sisters of faith, improves our own character, and makes an impact on society.
Need a Bible verse to chew on? Here is one from Paul writing to Timothy: “Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guest for their blessing” (II Timothy 2:20-21 MSG).
Hold onto your seats as we jet through some ways to be used by God!
1. Love Your enemies. Generosity will surprise them
2. Watch Your tongue. If you want to change your actions, start with your thoughts and words.
3. Avoid Quarrelling. Avoid stupid arguments it just shows our ignorance.
4. Bring Good News. Share Jesus!
5. Stand Your Ground. Know what you believe and why and then stick to it.
6. Do not seek honor. If you seek your own honor, you will find that true honor eludes you.
7. Be self-controlled. The only person you should try to control is…you.
8. Don’t worry about what others say. You do not need to fear publicity or slander.
9. Pass it on. It is important to pass on the message and invest in others.
10. Endure hardships. “I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus” (II Tim. 2:10
11. Avoid distractions. Focus on Jesus.
12. Keep the rules. Sin is the disruption of God’s rules, commandments, directions.
13. Work hard. Don’t slack off on the things that are God’s visions for us.
14. Meditate on God’s words. Only God can give you understanding as you live life to its fullest.
15. Turn away from evil. Repentance is not a one-off act; it is a continuing attitude. RUN from sinful actions.
16. Be a Peacemaker. Keeping strife out of our lives requires the willingness to constantly communicate and confront issues…ask for the Holy Spirit’s help.
17. Be kind to everyone…even people you don’t know.
18. Don’t be resentful. Resentment poisons relationships.